Thursday, January 28, 2010

Never confuse motion with progress...


I have made a large dent in the living room. It is progress, but it is by no means done. I do have a plan. Sort-of. But here is my progress so far:

BEFORE

DURING
 


The curtains and the coffee table are temporary. I hate the giant wall-o'-white, but I cannot find curtains that complement my desired scheme and that flowered chair. I am thinking I am going to have to lean more towards slate/sky blue and sage/apple green, as opposed to turquoise and lime. I just don't think Mister is going to let me replace all of the upholstery in the house. I am hoping I will be able to have slipcovers made for the chairs, like this, because the dogs climb all over them and the green one lives under a dropcloth (classy, I know). Mister is super-neurotic about the dogs ruining something or scratching the floor... Whereas I am more like "Meh, whatevs"...

Here are some of my inspiration photos:


Mister would like nothing more than to superimpose this living room over ours... Our last house was definitely more "rustic chic" - I am resisting here though. It's hard to make pink rustic, right? 



Isn't this pillow adorable? And totally doable, even for the less crafty of us. I think this pale turquoise will work with the difficult grandma chair...  Hmmm... but maybe not with the green chair...


 





 
Apartment Therapy

I want to have some mirrors cut to fit the inside of our firebox and then put some candles in there. Mister hates the idea - he doesn't understand what is wrong with the faux-wood gas logs (our fireplace is not gas!). Blech. But he was also vehement about not painting the living room pink and now he likes it. So there. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I really like your fireplace! The room looks good!

Haven and Home said...

Great inspirations!

SweDaisy said...

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. All of your inspiration photos look great. I can't wait to see how you interpret them into your own space.

Take care,
Lisa