Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Luck and Goodwill

Everyone always says you need to be patient when thrifting and that's definitely true. Frankly I have never found anything just so absofreakinfantastically amazing that I had to have it right then and there - couldn't live without it... For sure nothing like Joi's latest fantastic find!
 But I do find cute smalls occasionally, like these milkglass goblets:

$6.00/each - pricey? I thought so.
They aren't marked, but they are nice and heavy, and I thought the design was cute.


I also found these little silver votive holders:

2 @ $1 each

I didn't notice the huge sticker on them right away:


Anybody know what these sold for originally? Couldn't be more than a few dollars each... They should look good with my mercury glass pieces.


Have you been thrifting lately? Found anything good? Maybe a horror story, instead? Spill...

10 comments:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Sadly I haven't been thrifting in a while but I am getting that itch to go again soon--here's hoping I find something cool :)

I love the milk glass by the way, what a cool shape!

Kristina P. said...

I don't thrift. I am not really good at seeing past the dings and scratches.

the cape on the corner said...

those milk glass pieces look like tulips to me-my favorite flower. and those candle holders-good find. i have been trying to stay away from thrifting, lol, but i am on the lookout for something to put atop my books. i had a pinecone that was silver, but i need something that will work for now, too. excuses to thrift! yes!

LizzieBeth said...

Please tell me you purchased the milk glass! They are so sweet!!

LB

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Good finds! Unfortunately I have not been thrifting lately. One of my better finds has been a little wall ledge that I spray painted white. I think it cost me like $2 or something like that.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I can't thrift because I have too much stuff already. BOO!

Michelle said...

I would love to get in a routine of going once a week... but don't make it that often right now. But I do seem to find something almost every time I go!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I think thrifting is consistancy more than anything. I've found some great old sheets and fabric for sewing once. And, several furniture pieces that were nice (our desk, desk chair, dresser and antique sewing machine). That sofa that Joi found was amazing. I know she says taht the Granite City Goodwill is the best. Have you checked it out?

Shannon said...

I suck at thrifting. hardcore. But it's usually because I see things like 6 dollar price tags on things that should clearly be under 2 bucks and get pissed off and storm out...empty handed.

Ashley said...

Good finds! I love the milk glasses. Does your Goodwill have a half off day? I just found out mine did recently. But it can get crazy in there on that day!