Here we have a ridiculously old, stained, smelly feather pillow that Mister's mother made, probably 30-40 years ago. We have two. He refused to give them up. I tried to tell him about the mites and bedbugs and such, to no avail. I finally just bought new ones and switched them out and hid the old ones until I decided what to do with them.
The patch is because Gidget decided to chew a hole while we were at work one day, which led to her not being able to stay out by herself. Feathers everywhere, I was finding them for months!
I used some leftover drapery fabric from my recent dining room project.
Cut it 13 x 42.
Folded it in half and sewed the edges except for a space large enough to shove my fist in. Then turned it inside out.
Ripped the patch off. Cut the hole big enough for me to shove my fist in. :)
Made a ginormous mess.
And some more mess.
Stuffed it to capacity.
Folded the edges under. Sewed up the hole.
And put it to good use. Yay! Super quick, super easy, and FREE! Love it!