Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stocking Stuffers

My Oma (grandmother for you non-Germans) always had fancy-schmancy guest soaps when we were younger. After these soaps were used a few times and no longer looked pristine, she would let up play with them in the tub. I don't remember much about my childhood, but I do remember the soaps. 
I have four female cousins on my moms side of the family and apparently they all remember the soaps, as well. I brought it up at Thanksgiving and Oma said she has been cutting them into her laundry! She brought out the soaps that remained, three small flowers and two Santas. We split them up and each took one home. It's silly, but I guess they were an integral part of our lives at that time. Or at least an important part of how we viewed our grandmother.
Recently I started noticing soap makers on Etsy, there are 1,967 pages of soaps acually. They are definitely not your grandmothers soaps (ha), but some they are fun and funky and unique. I thought as an extra little gift for the holidays I would get each girl a fun "guest" soap that matched some part of their personality.











 


 


 


 


I thought the buttons would be perfect for Trish, the seamstress.   Obviously no one would get the penis, I just thought it was funny! LOL! Some of these would make great hostess gifts to keep a stash of for emergencies, too! Never hurts to think ahead, even though I never do.

2 comments:

kBw said...

What a cute idea! I think the last one would be a cute idea for a bachelorette party gift bag :) I hope you have a great Friday!!! xo, KA

Kelly said...

I love the donuts!