Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ch-ch-changes...

There is no way I can recap everything that has happened since I stopped posting regularly, so I am not even going to try. Some bullet points:
  • I lost my job in early April 2012
  • J moved out at the end of April
  • I decided I liked being unemployed and proceeded to remain that way until August
  • I ran out of savings and began working as a temp at the end of August
  • I met a new man in September
That's pretty much it. I still have Gidget and Dozer, but no longer live in my house. There is no way I could afford the payments comfortably on my own. The dogs and I live with my boyfriend, let's call him K for now, in his house.


Not a great picture, but the only one I can locate at the moment. It's a nice house, but not my style. He's been great at compromising and my stuff has been slowly but surely taking over! lol

His daughter, her boyfriend, and their nine-year-old daughter are renting my house. That's right, I technically have a nine-year-old step-granddaughter! Hahahaha! Yes, it's a bit weird, but K is actually 5 years younger than G, so it's not too odd for me.

My life has been turned upside down in the past 14 months, but I am the happiest I think I have ever been. Let's hope I stay that way this time. :)

I've been working on getting things organized around the house. We just finished moving my stuff like two weeks ago and it's a mess of boxes and trinkets and wall decor... It's like my house exploded inside his. It's a disaster, but I'm trudging along.

I've been working on a few small projects here and there, also, that I'm going to share.

2 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

it's good to see a post from you, and i'm glad to hear about your happiness. that's awesome. looking forward to more!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Wow! Big changes. I'm happy to hear you are doing well. I've wondered about you over the past year.