Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm linking this up to Nester's National Take a Risk Day, because putting myself out here for all of you to point at and judge IS a risk for me. I've been blogging since July 2009 and these pics are the only two I've posted. I've even missed an event for a fellow blogger I said I would attend because I was too nervous to put myself out there. Sorry, I suck. But this is my first step towards the fun and amazing adventures other bloggers always seem to share and enjoy. Hopefully.

I've only just decided to throw caution to the wind, so all I've got are Monday and Tuesday so far. We shall see how next week goes.

Monday
This next picture makes me realize I need to wear more makeup!
The company I work for is fairly casual, so I do take some "risks" with my clothing that I wouldn't be able to if I worked for a "Business Attire" type of company.
Top - Anthropologie
Pants - Gap
Necklace - Vintage (my mother's)
Shoes - Kors Michael Kors
Watch - Michael Kors

Tuesday

My boss refers to my shoes (all of them) as "Hooker Heels". She even had a dream the night before our bigwigs were in town where she forgot her shoes (she had her snow boots on) and she had to call me and tell me to bring her an extra pair of "your Hooker Heels".
T-shirt - GapMaternity (a roomier fit)
Cardigan - Forever21 (it's like 10 years old!)
Pants - Gap
Necklace - Charming Charlie's
Shoes - Boutique 9 via DSW

How do you dress for work? Business? Casual? T and Jeans?



30 comments:

Cassi said...

I love the shoes!! I need those brown ones.

Pamela said...

Those black shoes are BOO-TI-FUL!!!

Shannon said...

I pretty much love your first outfit! It kinda makes me miss dressing biz casual. And I've always admired chicks like you that can wear those shoes without falling over and dying.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

I LOVE your brown shoes. Oh my gosh, I need a pair.

And while I love both outfits, your second one is definitely like something I'd wear to work if only I had the freedom of self-expression. :)

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

I love your outfits, especially that lavender sweater!

I hope we get to see more :)

Andrea said...

Loving the shoes! You go girl!

Kristina P. said...

I realized I don't think I've seen a picture of you! You are so sassy! Love it.

Eight years and counting said...

Ok- I love the shoes. Back in my single days working in the city I wore heels that were fierce. Now I wear flats. My back kills all the time after having kids.
But I do love me some kick ass killer heels every now and then!
You go girl!
Stefanie
http://weddedblisster.blogspot.com/

thedomesticfringe.com said...

I like how your outfits have a little bit of edge to them. Just visiting from Pleated Poppy...glad I stopped by!
-FringeGirl

Comeca Jones said...

You are rockin the shoes! Love the hair cut !

the pleated poppy said...

good for you, putting yourself out there! i still have a hard time not having the camera in my face, so you're already one step ahead of me! thanks for linking up!

Ellen said...

You are GORG! and your sense of style is AWESOME!

Erin said...

Oona, you are too adorable!!! Girl, what 15 pounds are you talking about??? You look great!

Andy said...

LOVE those black shoes!

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarita said...

You had me at ... shoes.
I am loving your two outfits & shoes - I want them! And your haircut. You are seriously making me itch for short blonde hair once again. Too cute! I'm your newest follower!

SAM said...

Love the Pink House! It made me smile . . . and I'm new to the blogosphere so that made me smile too. It is nerve-wracking.

Ashley said...

You are adorable! I am the same way, do not love the camera. I love your haircut! And those shoes are adorable!

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

You are too cute. Loving the shoes too!

DeeAnna said...

Looove the hooker shoes! I want the blacks ones all to myself!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

How flippin' cute are YOU? Love this post. Now I really know what you look like so I can chase you down in a mall or airport when I finally meet you one day. ;)

I dress in business attire. Which means closed toe shoes and pantyhose. But mostly I wear a lot of shift dresses and cardigans and blazers. I get used to it and now I even kinda like it.

Loribeth said...

I love your outfits! They look comfy and a little trendy. Love the shoes, but I'm a complete shoe addict!

designstiles said...

Love the first outfit. Tres Chic. As is your pixie cut. Thanks for sharing pictures of yourself. I probably would've never guessed you'd have a pixie.

And, I thought hookers only wore clear stilettos? ha.

Carolyn said...

Pretty black shoes! I want!
Homeowner Insurance

jen @ homeinthecountry said...

Cute! (and brave!) I especially love the striped top!

Megan said...

I love the shoes. I used to wear a lot of heals before I worked in education and had a baby...slowly getting back to some.

Joi said...

#1--You look super cute and I love, love, LOVE the shoes!

#2-We will meet up someday---no worries about missing out on the WWSS. : )

xoxo

If you need to vent, I'm just an email or tweet away!

court. said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!

I used to have a cute little pixie cut and am growing it out.

Looking at your hair, I question my motivation-i want it back!

ps thanks for following my blog. xoxo court

{ to be charmed } said...

seriously... both paris of shoes to-die-for adorable!
❤ the outfits.

Lynett said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your haircut!!